Learning Support Assistant
Salary – £17,842 – £19,698 (actual salary, term time only)
Start date: ASAP
Our client is an Alternative Provision school, serving primary aged pupils. We are seeking someone with previous experience and able to act as a positive role model to young children. We would like to hear from applicants who have experience of working with children that have SEMH and display challenging behaviour and other areas of SEND.
If you have already had training in positive behaviour management (such as Team Teach) and/or THRIVE training we would be very interested in hearing from you. If you have practical experience of working with children displaying challenging behaviour and are successful in your application for this post, Team Teach training will be offered free of charge. It would be great to hear from you if you have…
- Experience of working with children who have had to overcome barriers and difficult situations
- The ability to engage parents in supporting children at home by helping to set boundaries and managing behaviour
- Are confident with working alongside outside organisations to support positive change for these children
- The desire to go through training and deliver ideas so that the school can implement these immediately or in the near future.
- Passionate about working with young people in education
- Have a good understanding of what makes an effective intervention strategy
- Are committed to safeguarding young people and helping them overcome difficulties
- Are committed to ensuring students maximise every opportunity to achieve academically and personally
- Are able to work within a dynamic and challenging environment
- Have excellent communication and teamwork skills
This is a full-time permanent opportunity which will start on a 12 week trial basis and will become permanet on succesful completion of the trial period. Elementa is the recruiting partner therefore applicants being considered for the role after pre-screening will be required to complete the registration process for Elementa. This includes full vetting & background checks and application for an Enhanced DBS Disclosure unless you have a current DBS on the update service.
If you have the relevant skills and experience necessary for this role then please apply with your full up to date CV. All applicants will be promptly responded to.
ELEMENTA CANDIDATE COMMITMENT:
Weekly pay – no waiting for monthly payroll cut off dates, Elementa pays one week in lieu.
PAYE contract – unless a candidate specifically requests it, all candidates are paid via PAYE giving them the protections and payment structure of a traditional employer:employee relationship.
Training & Support – a broad range of free or heavily discounted training available including Safeguarding, Behaviour, Team Teach, SEND, Makaton and Thrive. Regular welfare contact and support from a dedicated candidate manager.
Fair pay policy – our candidates are paid to scale, where a variation on this may be required written agreement will be provided ahead of the position.
Additional services to support our staff – we have a network of partners who offer support services to our candidates … tax returns, accountancy, legal and more.
This would be a great opportunity for anyone looking for training opportunities and to be part of a supportive school.
For more information click apply now below or contact us via phone or email.