- Type: Full time & Permanent / Temp-to-perm
- Start date: 1st September 2021
- Salary: MPS1 – UPS3
- Location: Bridgwater, Somerset
Reading Specialist Teacher sought for this wonderful SEND School based in Bridgwater.
Elementa is working with a specialist education provider for students that have encountered trauma in their lives. All students have an EHCP for at least SEMH and display challenging behaviour. The organisation focus on a holistic and creative education approach in order to reintegrate the students into mainstream schooling, or achieve their full potential whilst out of mainstream education. The inspiring headteacher creates a positive & progressive learning environment for the students and staff to work in. Clear parameters are set for individuals development as their approach is equally focused on preparing young people for life after their statutory education.
As a specialist reading teacher you will have had specific training in programmes such as: Ruth Miskin, Reading Recovery, Read Write inc. or other International Dyslexia Learning (IDL) courses. You will also be able to demonstrate previous experience in post and your success in student progression.
The ideal person for this role will have a positive outlook, a resilient & unflappable nature, have a sound understanding of safeguarding, display good working practices when working with vulnerable learners, be able to set clear boundaries, and uphold the school’s expectations & policies.
Previous experience of positive behaviour strategies or Team Teach training would be an advantage in being considered for this job opportunity. For a successful applicant, free Team Teach training would be offered.
Additional job benefits:
- Health Assured Employee Assistance programme to all staff members
- Support with health & lifestyle, legal information, home and work life
- Staff can access an unlimited confidential telephone helpline for this support
- Staff also receive a pension with the school paying 3% of their salary per annum
- driving licence & car owner
- willing to travel between school sites in Somerset (compensated)
- willing to transport students if required in their car; appropriate car insurance required (compensated)
- clear DBS (civil offences may be permissible)
Elementa is the recruiting partner. Applicants being considered for the role after pre-screening will be required to complete the registration process for both Elementa & the school. This includes full vetting & background checks and application for an Enhanced DBS Disclosure unless you have a current DBS on the update service.
If you have the relevant skills and experience necessary for this role then please apply with your full up to date CV. All applications will be promptly responded to.