- Number of roles: x3
- Type: Full Time, Permanent (temp-to-perm)
- Contract details: 8:45am – 4:00pm, Monday to Friday.
- Salary: £18,810pa (term time only, including 4 weeks holiday, paid monthly over 52 weeks) – to be reviewed September 2021
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: near Gloucester
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as an SEMH Learning Support Assistant with our client which is a growing independent specialist learning provider offering alternative provision, virtual schools and community-based outreach to children ages 13-16. Currently, the organisation has a number of sites across the South West with plans to expand further in the near future. This is an independent organisation with a leadership team comprising highly experienced education leaders who are all personable and dedicated to excellence.
The role of the SEMH Learning Support Assistant (job title: Educational Mentor) is to work on a 1:1 basis to build rapport and offer education & emotional support during the students education. You will work closely with students and often attend activities off-site with the students. You will have a non-confrontational, supportive, positive and nurturing approach in order to be successful in this role.
- Own car
- business insurance (cost reimbursed)
- available full time
- previous experience of working with children that have SEMH and display challenging behaviours (ideally min 1 yr)
- clean driving licence
- clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure
If you have already had training in positive behaviour management such as Team Teach and/or THRIVE training we would be very interested in hearing from you. If you have practical experience of working with children displaying challenging behaviour and are successful in your application for this post, Team Teach training will be offered free of charge.
It would be great to hear from you if you have…
- Experience of working with children who have had to overcome barriers and difficult situations
- The ability to engage parents in supporting children at home by helping to set boundaries and managing behaviour
- Are confident with working alongside outside organisations to support positive change for these children
- The desire to go through training and deliver ideas so that the school can implement these immediately or in the near future.
- Passionate about working with young people in education
- Have a good understanding of what makes an effective intervention strategy
- Are committed to safeguarding young people and helping them overcome difficulties
- Are committed to ensuring students maximise every opportunity to achieve academically and personally
- Are able to work within a dynamic and challenging environment
- Have excellent communication and teamwork skills
This is a full-time permanent opportunity which will start on a 12 week trial basis and will become permanent on successful completion of the trial period. The role will be run through Elementa Education. All candidates working through Elementa are expected to engage with their respective role as if employed permanently from the outset. Elementa Education has a fair pay policy and only employ candidates on a PAYE basis (no umbrella companies or self-employed statuses.) All candidates will be eligible for free CPD training relevant to the nature of their Elementa contract role.
If you are interested and feel you have the right skills for this job role, please apply straight away with your full up to date CV or call the office to discuss the role further.